Sunday, February 18, 2024

PRISTINE ROMANCE

PRISTINE ROMANCE
She was as sweet a girl as a girl could be. Her beauty was beyond verbal description and she had a distinct naughtiness in her eyes which was charming enough to provoke any gentleman to ask her out. Her hair style matched her countenance. Her walk made even the cats smile with affirmation and when she talked the bass and treble would wink with a technical curve in it. The strain on the nerves of her neck were clearly visible as her collar bones made a pit to die for. The dimple on her soft cheek reminded me of Preity Zinta but her complexion was not as fair as Preity’s but absolutely as dusky to make the sun shine brightly. Oh! What a magnificent beauty!

I was fondly playing with her during my birthday party on the terrace when I playfully asked her if she would marry me. Her response was as candid as it should be. The tone was as naïve as one could hope for. Th look in her eyes was as sparkling as belief is. Then came the most innocently romantic response in the most cheerful voice that I have ever heard. She said, “Yes….just ask my mother. There she is.”

I looked at her beautiful mother who is still our close family friend and smiled with utter admiration for that little girl sitting on my lap.

She was just 7 year old and I was 30+ but the romance was as pure and pristine as it should be. As everlasting as it ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment....please do....